A Message from the Superintendent
I would like to thank you again for your support of our school district. As we engage with you to continue this work, our Board of Education has identified priorities for the District in 2018-2019:
Encourage all students to meet college and career readiness expectations;
Improve parent engagement, communication, and customer service;
Support students in the development of 21st century and social/emotional learning skills; and
Institute, manage, and monitor the 2017 Capital Project.
There are many exciting things occurring in the District as we continue to support these priorities:
- Partnering with the University of Rochester Medical Center, the Children’s Institute, and Engaging Schools to enhance the social and emotional learning of our students and professional development provided for our staff.
- Implementing our Code of Character, Conduct, and Support, which is aligned with our social and emotional learning vision.
- Offering K-12 college and career readiness experiences to our students, from completion of age-appropriate career plans and interest inventories in elementary school to access to the Naviance college and career readiness platform beginning in sixth grade. It is our goal to help students identify what makes them unique and help with the transition from elementary school to secondary school and beyond.
- Providing our students and families with access to Microsoft Office 365 with cloud storage and the ability to download multiple versions of Microsoft products onto your personal devices. If you haven’t taken advantage of this, please visit our website at wheatland.k12.ny.us and click on the global icon on the right-hand side.
- Engaging our K-12 students in a Science-Technology-Engineering-Math (STEM) approach to learning through the integration of Project Lead The Way into science and technology instruction.
- Providing kindergarten through grade two students with iPads and students in grades three through twelve with laptops to support their learning and development of 21st century skills.
We will keep you informed on our progress throughout the school year in our biweekly Electronic Newsletters, print newsletters, and on the District website. We will also be seeking interested community stakeholders to engage with us in this work.
At Wheatland-Chili, we believe in the potential of our youth to grow and excel as citizens in a global society. We will continue to work together to deliver services and support to our students throughout the 2018-2019 school year.
I wish you all a happy and successful school year.
Deborah Leh, Ed.D.
Superintendent of School